Thursday 13 May 2010

So let's take a step


I'm honoured to see what is happening . Yesterday I had no followers, this morning 34, just before I post this message I have 40. Wow. I feel honoured. So can I say to all - thank you and welcome.

The idea of this blog is to publish some of my bits and pieces - some good, some not so good, some I've done for small publications, and so on, then maybe try to get a website together and look for work.


I do have a couple of jobs on the go at the moment but unless the 'owners' give permission they cannot be discussed.

For the moment here are two 'old' illustrations done for small press work. The 'horse' in particular, was done for a publication called 'Ghosts & Scholars' produced by the excellent Rosemary Pardoe and related to the stories of M.R. James.

9 comments:

  1. Love these, haunting and beautiful, the detail is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the work you did back in the 80s. It's great to see you online. All the best with your future plans. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes indeed, the internet is your key to some long overdue attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few years back I was trying to make a wikipedia entry for you and it was one of those "message being passed to x, then to y, hopefully making it to z (you)", but alas, it never made it to z, and maybe not to y. If you are ever interested in a wikipedia article, I would be honored.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work as always Russ.I know quite a few people that will be heartily interested in your blog.No artist draws like you, your style is unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your drawings very much when I first saw them years ago in 'The Fiend Folio.' Glad to hear that you are still drawing and looking forward to whatever pops up next on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #79 when I joined. :)

    Yes, I really like that early work of yours in the "Fiend Folio." You presented the undead especially with a certain "creepiness" factor. Best of luck to you in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you thought about setting up an account on rpgnow.com or a similar site, selling non-exclusive use of your artwork? A lot of artists do that now.

    You might also want to contact some of the 'Old School Rennaisance' websites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, First thanks for all the comments, they are appreciated.
    So why nothing since last week? Simple - I had decided to change broadband provider and the smooth transition [promised] proved to be anything but! Still, I'm online again and will catch up with, and post some more stuff asap.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.