Sunday 10 June 2012

A few more 'new' bits [continued].

Further to my last post, here are a few more 'new' bits in no particular order.

First up the mock-up of a new box game from Association Goupil called Dungeon World, and which features a few bits of my art, and of course, the cover art for the box, nicely designed as part of the up and coming proposed game.

 

Another couple of black & white samples below. Their are colour characters, but you'll have to buy the game I think ;).

Here is a sample of the original cover art.


Other commissioned work examples include these below. First 'the rotting ghouls' ..... fun!
 This, and the next, were done for James Maliszewski's Dwimmermount, for which I'm pleased I've been asked to contribute. 

Occasionally I am asked to 'recreate' a favourite example of past work. I've done this a few times, as for example mentioned in the last post, via http://www.legrimoire.net/store/en/15-galerie-des-artistes , and on occasion as an 'extra'. Below are a couple of examples.
 Ah! More rotting corpses ..... mmmm! Also, a re- working of an old favourite for a very good client, from the Fiend Folio of the 'Death Knight'.
Lastly, a version of a special commission where I was allowed a lot of time but the work went through a lot of changes [much discarded] till I had something I felt would satisfy the vision I was asked for, and thankfully I was right.


 Last, for this post .... a sample of my sketch prior to a proposed drawing, which was then discarded in favour of another idea.

Till the next time, and fingers crossed some 'oldies'. Two so old they creak [grin].




14 comments:

  1. Nice variety of work there Russ,very impressive.
    Love the Donjon colour piece, the Fiend Folio rework of the Death Knight, the Ghouls and the lancers on horseback.Your work just gets better and better! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andy. Truly, that means a lot :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are lovely - sometimes in a slightly scary, ghoulish way. Really, I think my computer monitor is just too small to fully appreciate the intricacy of some of these pics. Gotta save and zoom, save and zoom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive as always. I really like the color work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both, and I'm pleased to read you like what I'm doing even now.

      Delete
  5. I love your colour choices, and their look is watercoloury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and it is mainly a watercolour piece.

      Delete
  6. The Death Knight was always a favorite of mine, and those riders look wonderfully spooky. It's a lot of fun seeing what you are doing now as well as the looks back into my gaming past. I actually have three copies of the Fiend Folio sitting on my shelf right now (acquired years ago at various garage sales). It was always my favorite of the three AD&D monster books, and your art was definitely one of the reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pardon my ignorance Russ, but do you do much colour work? I can only recall the "saucy postcards"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, many, many, years ago I did some annual work for titles like Misty, and Bunty back when I did work for girls comics. What other stuff, in terms of Games, and that I'm able to post, I've added to my blog.

      Delete
  8. I love this post, the artworks of quality you show us are various and impressive !
    I really appreciate the colored cover ! it makes the game box so attractive that I wont resist to a an uncontrolled shooping... Your zombies and ghouls are always just great ! The death knights are so impressive and I wonder how big is this so detailed artwork !

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you check out some past posts Biopunk you'll see some other colour examples, especially for http://calific.com/yezmyr.html and the up and coming Kobold Quarterly Magazine.

    Thank you Emmanuel ... and you're right it is very big.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Russ, I just wanted to say thanks for all the great artwork over the years, I'm a big fan.

    I'm currently reading Demonstealer and have Shadowmaster (the FF novels) and your artwork is just amazing, but I especially loved the artwork in the gamebooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and nice to hear from you. I'm recently back in touch with the authors ad I'm sure they'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.