Saturday 22 May 2010

Something for the weekend, sir?

So What do do for the weekend? Let's start by saying I do enjoy your comments, I don't just mean because there is a lot of praise [gee, shucks, Gorsh] though it helps me want to post and post, but because much of what you say is interesting - if I don't reply to everything [or everyone] do forgive me. Eventually I intend to add more about myself, but in the meantime, if anyone has direct questions about this or that [that I feel I can answer] then please ask.

But to posting images because that's what this is all about. OK, let me dip into my old files.
These next two were produced for books written by the versatile Dave Morris a few years ago.



Next are three images from the Goldhawk series, an offshoot of the FF series aimed at  younger readers.



Last for this part of the weekend , another illustration for a ghost story. This proved a difficult story to illustrate but I think it worked.

5 comments:

  1. It's really good to see this renaissance of inspirational fantasy art. More so than anything else...it was those great sketches in fantasy role playing books that inspired my imagination. I think the appeal was (is) due to their simplicity with "just enough" oomph to pull the viewer in and let that person's mind fill in the rest. As silly as it may sound...whenever I peruse the original AD&D books such as the Fiend Folio...my mind tries to imagine a narrative to go with the images. Obviously, they're usually just a thumbnail snapshot, but they went a long ways to prime the pump of the imagination. Thanks for all that you've contributed and those like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any way I could beg you to post slightly larger pictures? The fine line work just gets a little lost in these scans... if they were just 25% or so bigger, I could get a closer look.
    I like to draw myself... so naturally I'm curious to take a closer look!
    Thanks and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the positive comments.
    In regard to your request Limpey for 'larger' posts I'll see what I can do. In fact I'll 'redo' one of those posted here right 'now'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of these pix,

    - the first one is a ship's chandler from a seaport of the Krarthian coast from Blood Sword 2: The Kingdom of Wyrd.

    - the second one is the Temple of the Magians from Blood Sword 3: The Demon's Claw.

    - the four colour pix are either of mosquito-like Stingers, or the great rock warrior Stonehammer, and come from Ian Livingstone's Adventures of Goldhawk 2: The Demon Spider.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.