Monday 18 March 2019

As one came along after such a long time lets see if ...


A few more oldies via Google [this {above} comes from the Original Warlock of Firetop ... never used lent for publication and then apparently 'lost'... I was not a Happy bunny. 

Most of thes Come from the Magazine Anduril another oldie ...



  These two [below] were studies for a nice figure 
























Now onto some other oldies











 Next three from the Robin Hood gamebook a lot larger than originals



























Seems a good place to end this reposting of ye oldies, I hope you enjoy, and if you're not 'here' you wontknow, so no harm done :).


9 comments:

  1. Wonderful trip down memory lane... thanks Russ. Have you ever illustrated M R James? I think your style would really suit his beasties which were often horribly thin and/or hairy..
    cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did a portfolio, with Rosemary Pardoe, back in the 70's. Set of six in total I think and all on A3 glossy paper. All mine were destroyed in the great storm of 87' when we lost part of the roof ... lost a lot of art that night.

      Delete
    2. Great... I would like to see those. I wonder if Rosemary still has copies? Quite a dramatic end to them at your end... that must have been rather infuriating.

      Delete
    3. Just found them elsewhere on your blog.... I love the "Count Magnus" illustration. Brilliant stuff.

      Delete
    4. Aha well I'll post them again ;).

      Delete
  2. Wow! Astounding stuff again Russ.

    Did the Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser / Lankhmar one appear in publication? Where was it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It [they] appeared in a BFS article about the characters I think.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Russ!

      Was it (relatively) recent?

      Googling came up with "Discovering Fritz Leiber: A Reminiscence" by Mike Barrett, from Dark Horizons #58, Winter 2010?


      Delete
  3. Further to my earlier comment I've found some samples and these will be added to a later posting.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.